Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life in Transition

Over the last few weeks, I have spent half my time on the computer looking for a job and the other half helping my best friend get married. I know I am in the same boat as many recent college graduates looking for a job but sometimes it is hard for me not to feel the stress.

Hannah's wedding definitely put life in perspective for me. I talked to college graduates like myself, whom some had jobs and others were still searching. As exciting and mysterious as the future can be, there is something inside of me that is just wanting to know what the next stage holds. I told my dad today, "I know what will make me happy in life and that is to work with kids in a social work type of position and to travel to Haiti at least twice a year."

Experiencing life in transition has been unusual for me, especially a girl who always has a plan and typically a job. Although, I am learning what it means to trust in God alone, which is always somewhat of a struggle for me. And I am also learning to love life and the people I meet along the way. Maybe it is time for me to just hang onto the rollercoaster that is life because I do not know what tomorrow shall bring, it remains a mystery!

No comments: