Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mysteries

Since I was a little girl, I remember my mom being in love with mystery novels; She would read one about every week. My mom loves the twist, turns, and discoveries in every book, it is her way to unwind from her hectic day as a teacher. In my own life I have never been a huge fan of mystery novels, I do like the occasional thriller but not a huge mystery girl.

Beyond novels this same sentiment can be applied to my life; I am not a big fan of the mystery of life. I like to know where all the twists and turns are going before I reach the end. Mysteries are unclear and vague which makes me feel like I am jumping off a cliff. Why can't I just know where I am going to fall? Why does it have to be a surprise? Careful planning and knowing every step always leads to happiness, doesn't it?

Lately, through many circumstances I am learning the art of embracing the mystery that is life. I am learning that it does not always have to be a terrible thing just to jump in and not know where your going to land. Most of the happiest moments in life are the unplanned ones and constantly knowing where and when everything will happen leads to monotony. The beauty of life is found in mystery not knowing where the plot will take you next. Sometimes I am just too stubborn to realize these things but always get awoken to these thoughts.

As the months pass by, I am learning to live day by day and to leave room for God and the unexpected. There will be more details in my writings as I discover where God will lead me in the next few months. But for now I am learning to live in the mystery, while I am at it maybe I will read one of my mom's many mystery novels.

2 comments:

David Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Michael said...

Thoughtful writing!